Bigger is better. That is the mentality we held as a society for so long. It doesn’t matter what it is – if it was bigger, it was the more desired option.
Fast-forward to today and you will notice things are changing. People are giving up their purchase of new belongings and turning to thrifting. Homeowners are ditching bigger houses for smaller spaces – even tiny homes. And, those who fly private are learning that a small personal jet is perfect for trips within the continental U.S. – and excess does not need to be wasted on a larger jet.
Aircraft manufacturers have seen a dramatic increase in demand for small personal jets over the last decade than ever before.
So what can you expect when you charter a small personal jet aircraft? Here is an overview.
What Are Small Personal Jet Aircraft?
There are different classes or types of private jets from small to large, including very light jets, light jets, midsize jets, super midsize jets, heavy jets, jumbo jets, and more. The reason for this is to separate the aircraft by its size and weight – and this further often breaks it down by attributes, including:
- How many passengers it can handle
- The distance it can travel
- The speed at which it can travel
- The space within the jet’s interior
So, what are small personal jet aircraft? They are often referred to as very light jets. These are jets that weigh less than 10,000 lbs and can be operated by a single pilot. They are small and personal, but that does not mean they lack in amenities, quality, or space.
A few general specs of very light jets include:
- A capacity of 4 to 6 passengers
- A range of about 1,000 miles
- Maximum speeds at around 480 mph
- Lavatories may or may not be present
Keep in mind that this is just an overview. Each very light jet can differ from the other so it is important to look at the specific specs of the jet you are ultimately choosing to charter.
Popular Personal Jets
If you book a personal jet charter, you will soon realize that there are many options available. As time goes by, more and more enter the market. A few of the most popular personal jets include
Each of these jets brings together the perfect combination of comfort and luxury mixed with simplicity and ease. If you are thinking about booking a small personal jet these very light jets are great options. Be sure to review their specs as you may be very surprised at what they have to offer.
Perks of a Small Personal Jet
Small personal jets are simple and efficient. They get you where you want to go without excess. And, if you need to be in more than one city in one day, they are perfect for that, too.
Opting for a small personal jet can prove to be very fruitful, as they are very versatile. Below are a few of the reasons why so many private travelers choose a very light jet over other choices for their charter.
- Access to smaller airports – or those with smaller runways. This can increase the number of airports you are able to travel to.
- Privacy and comfort without having to be around strangers.
- A high level of reliability and a great safety record accompanies many very light jets.
- In-flight connectivity allows for greater levels of productivity throughout your day. You can be comfortable and handle business confidentially on board while traveling.
- The ability to travel via a private jet is a more efficient, more affordable option.
In other words, small personal jets allow more travelers the opportunity to take advantage of the benefits private travel brings. After the global pandemic struck in 2020, more and more travelers began to take advantage of private travel who had never done so before. And for a large percentage of these individuals, private travel meant flying on a very light jet.
Advantages of Flying Private
Of course, in addition to the perks of a small personal jet, there are advantages of flying private in general.
- Save time. Every time you fly commercial, you have to arrive at least two hours in advance to stand in checked baggage lines, get through TSA security checkpoints, and wait at the gate for the plane to arrive so you can board. This is all in addition to the traffic that you must navigate around the airport, too. Sometimes flights are delayed, and other times they are canceled. All of this wastes time. Traveling on a small personal jet means you get to arrive minutes before your flight, breeze through security, and step on board right away. The entire experience is definitely time-saving.
- Flexible and convenient. With private travel, you don’t have to worry about pre-set flight times and destinations. You get to choose when and where you want to travel. This can be very convenient.
- Private. It may be obvious, but it is definitely a perk worth mentioning. When you travel via a small personal jet, you get nice, private accommodations. You won’t have to share a space with strangers – unless you invite them onto the jet. This makes the flight much more comfortable.
- Less stress. The overall experience of flying on a small personal jet is more enjoyable – with much less stress. You do not have to worry about all that comes with commercial travel.
Charter a Small Personal Jet Aircraft
When you are ready, book your charter flight. Choose the small personal jet aircraft that will meet your needs based on how many are traveling with you – and where you are traveling to. You may just find that the comfort and luxuries that come with this size jet are just enough to provide you with the overall travel experience you are looking for.